I don’t bake much mainly because I get lazy and I never have the time to go buy all the fancy baking ingredients. And it’s even more difficult when you’re working. If I have a craving to eat something sweet I don’t think about opening the fridge, I just end up going to a cafe to buy myself a yummy yet expensive treat.
Just a week back I read this article online which included 20 Microwave Snacks You Can Cook In A Mug. Sounds interesting, but is it actually that easy? I was skeptical at first but when I set out to test this theory, the results were surprisingly tasty!
My very first mug recipe was a Nutella Mug Cake. The recipe is so simple and the ingredients are available in your kitchen itself. It took just one minute to bake this thing and OMG you won’t believe what the mess I had put into the microwave turned into!
- Prep time: 2 mins
- Cook time: 1 min
- Total time: 3 mins
- Serves: 1
- 4 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 3 tbsp fat free milk (or normal milk)
- Berries/Bananas (optional)
- Combine all ingredients into a big mug. Mix the batter slowly until it is smooth.
- Cook in microwave for about 1 minute.
- Insert a knife or a fork and it should come out clean and the top of the cake should look done rather than gooey. If cake is not cooked in one minute, add an additional 20 seconds.
- Let cake cool in mug completely before eating. Top it up with some berries or nutella or you can just have it plain.
The Nutella Mug Cake is quiet simple and you can’t really go wrong with this recipe!