So I know a lot of cakes and puddings can be made quickly in the microwave but there aren’t many Indian desserts that are easy to cook up using the microwave. I learnt this recipe from a friend and it has always come in handy when my family and friends have Indian sweet cravings. You can make Carrot Halwa in a mug and takes hardly 10 mins!
Carrot Halwa (Gajar Ka Halwa)
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 5 min
Total time: 10 mins
- 1 full cup grated carrot (Do not squeeze out the water)
- 1 1/2 tbsp condensed milk
- Ghee (for coating the inside of the mug)
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp Chopped almonds or pistachios
- Coat the inner wall of the mug with a good amount of ghee.
- Add grated carrots and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Add condensed milk and powdered cardamom to the carrot and give it a stir. Cook in the microwave again for 3 minutes.
- Garnish with lots of almonds and pistachios. Serve hot or cold.