Mac and cheese. Yumm. No pans, gas stoves, you only need a mug and a spoon!
Whether its breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert or a quick snack the microwave has become our hero in these hard busy days of our lives.
Mac and cheese is a well known recipe and here’s my microwave version of it!
Mac and Cheese
- Prep time: 2 mins
- Cook time: 11 min
- Total time: 13 mins
- Serves: 1
- 1/3 cup macaroni
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the macaroni and water in a large bowl or mug.
- Microwave on high power for 2 mins, then stir. The water may overflow so make sure you have a big bowl.
- Repeat step 2 three or four times, stirring at each 2 mins interval. The water should absorb completely and the macaroni will be cooked through. If its needs more time, it’s okay to add more water and microwave till the macaroni is cooked (It shouldn’t take more than 10 mins).
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and add the milk and cheese. Microwave for another minute. Stir the mixture well, add salt and pepper and eat up!