Butter Chicken is a restaurant favourite, it is creamy, tasty and full of delicious calories. I actually saw this recipe on Buzzfeed Tasty and it looked so easy I was tempted to try it. It’s quite simple and guarantees delectable results!
My mommy is so proud of me now :)
Butter Chicken Recipe
- Prep time: 15 mins
- Cook time: 20 min
- Total time: 35 mins
- Serves: 3
- 1 kg chicken breasts cut into cubes (skinless and boneless)
- 400 g tomato paste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 tbsp butter (divided into 2 chunks)
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp garlic-ginger paste
- 3″ cinnamon stick
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro for garnishing
- Marinate chicken breasts with salt, pepper, chili powder and turmeric powder. Keep aside for 15 mins.
- Heat butter in a vessel, sauté the chicken for 3 mins.
- Take the chicken pieces out and keep aside. Melt the remaining butter in the same vessels. Add onions and sauté.
- Next add the spices (chili, cumin, garam masala, garlic-ginger paste, cinnamon, salt, pepper) and cook until fragrant.
- Add tomato paste. Mix well. Add 1 cup of water and heavy cream. Mix again.
- Add the sautéed chicken pieces. Simmer for 10-15 mins. Add more butter if you wish.
- Garnish and serve with hot naan or rice.